I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, July 30, 2012

Dancing In The Rain

http://foter.com/photo/dancing-in-the-rain-1/
Hi!  This is Alena Tauriainen

Recently I was getting ready for a double party for my children.  We built our house and I’ve been s-l-o-w-l-y decorating. 

With the party coming up, all those pictures I bought but never hung?  They got hung. 

One of the art pieces had this quote by Vivian Greene.

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.”
Like you, I want the storm to pass and pass quickly.  I also want to be at peace during the storm. 

Wow!  If I can learn to dance in the middle of the storm, how awesome would that be?

You know what dancing in the storm says? 

I trust God.

How freeing is that?
Have you read Proverbs 3:5 in the Amplified version?  Just in case you haven’t here it is.

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

I love when it says, “and be confident in the Lord”.

It doesn’t matter how you phrase it, whether it’s putting your trust in, being confident in or learning to dance in the rain, it still boils down to the same thing…having faith in God.   

How about you, are you dancing in the rain?



10 comments:

  1. Proverbs 3:5-6 are two of my favorite scripture verses. I love the Amplified version.

    It's so hard to dance in the rain sometimes, but when you learn to do that, it lifts you up and over the obstacle. Great post, Alena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short, sweet, and memorable. Glad you got those pictures done. And I think dancing in rain makes the sun come out faster--thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm still striving to dance in the rain. It helps when I see my kids watching too. Believe me they will remind me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, Alena!! And I especially love how you say that it all comes back to trust, to having faith in God. That's so very true. I think some days I'm good at dancing in the rain and others, definitely not so much. But I love that God keeps working on us...and forming us more and more into dancers each rainstorm that goes by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, and that quote, Alena. And the verse is one of my favorites. I'm like Melissa. Some days are easier to dance than others. Having a hard time today, so I'm glad I read this. :)

    Love your posts--they're always upbeat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned "to dance in the rain" when I began finding joy again after losing my husband. And I learned to trust God in a whole new way.

    Now I have to learn to be more productive during the storms because if I wait for everything to be peaceful, it's not ever going to happen.

    I love the photo. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Roxanne,

    Thanks for the reminder ...its just what I've been telling myself as I trek from Texas to Florida to Georgia to Lower Michigan and finally to Upper Michigan with 5 kids and spotty internet and cell service.

    Yes, Melissa, I'm def. getting stronger through this storm. Did I mention we lost my prescription glasses on this last stop. Yeah, interesting way to try and see when my contacts are on their last leg.

    Lovin Life and Dancing Stronger Thru This Storm!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanne --- totally get those days. Today was one for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Alena, sorry about losing the glasses. That stinks! I wish you could get to Iowa on your long trip. :) :) Can't wait to see you in September!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dancing in the rain! You have to go through a lot of storms before you learn to do that tho. I guess because if you love to dance, and you have a lot of storms in your life, the only chance you'll get is to do it in the rain.

    Of course, sometimes you forget.

    Great post and reminder :)

    ReplyDelete