I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, December 24, 2012

What Makes Christmas Special For You?

FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Hi my friends,

It’s Alena Tauriainen.

If your life is anything like mine the shopping is still not done. (I only had 1.5 days to shop.)  We’ve been involved with activity after activity and I started feeling like I was running on a treadmill with no stop switch, I had to remember what really made Christmas so important.  Why was I doing this? What did it represent to me?  Hmm, seemed like a good time to ponder.

The birth of my Savior and acknowledging the blessings.  That's the answer I got when I pondered.  You see the Wise men went bearing gifts, He was our gift.  He brought so much.  Can you find any of these in your life?

The heavenly gifts.
  •   Salvation. No matter how dark, deep or black a sinner I am, He paid the price. 
  • Belief.  He believes in me when I do not.
  • Encouragement.  He left me an entire Bible that encourages me to press on, to run my race.  To let me know at the end, He’ll be awaiting me. 

 The earthly gifts. 
  • My Husband – My hubby and I will be married 21 years this January.  Like most marriage we had our ups and downs but he’s my knight in shining armor.  Sometimes a little tarnished, but still my knight. 
  • My Children – My mother died when I was eighteen months old.  As a result, I treasure time with my children.    I hug and kiss ‘em every chance I get, even the teenage boys.
  • My Siblings – Wow, we are passionate people.  We have our misunderstandings but when the going gets rough, we all gather together
  • My Friends – My friends encompass almost every state and some international waters.  I’ve been blessed with friends who are just like me with several who are the exact opposite. We have a common ground – the love of an Amazing Savior.  

Those are just some of the important things to remember at Christmas time, not the To Do List, the gifts, how clean the house is or how perfect the dinner has to be.  Christmas is so very valuable because we take the time to celebrate the birth of our Savior and spend time with the ones you love – the blessings from God. 

What about you?  This Christmas season when you take the time to sit back and ponder what’s important, what makes the Christmas season so special to you?

P.S.
The P’s are taking a break to celebrate Christmas.  We’ll be back January 2013, new and improved.

Merry Christmas!

Blessings,

Alena Tauriainen


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful reminder of Who we celebrate. Thank you, Alena. I am so blessed to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete