I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Simply Pondering...Losing Sight of the Shore


Since the MBT Ponderers blog began in July 2010, we've had over 400 posts, 169 followers and close to 95K pageviews.

But you know what? That's not good enough for us.

We don't want to settle. We're writers. And we're women. And we have something to say.

Within our group dynamic, we have celebrated many successes and mourned with one another over losses. Since October 2009, different Ponderer sisters have:
  • signed with reputable literary agents.
  • signed book contracts for the first time.
  • won the My Book Therapy Frasier award.
  • won the ACFW Carol award.
  • graduated college with a doctorate.
  • remarried and started over in a new state.
  • moved across country.
  • overcome a traumatic illness.
  • given birth to a first child. 
  • buried loved ones.
  • changed careers.
As you can see, change has been an integral part of our lives. 

For that reason, we determined our blog needs to change too. Beginning today, we will be posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

But most importantly, we want to write posts that are relevant to our core audience--women like us who are juggling family, careers, writing and life. Our new theme will be Simply Pondering.... and the topics will be those relevant to women. You can expect to read posts on budgeting, recipes, homeschooling, parenting children with special abilities, gardening, childcare, helping children cope with tragedy, finding balance between work and home, keeping that spark alive in your marriage, dating, etc.

Change isn't always easy. But it's so necessary to grow. 

Change can be overshadowed by a fear of the unknown. We need to step into the water and wade away from shore in order to discover the blessings God has in store for us. Courage and change go hand in hand. We need the first to do the second. Will you wade with us?

Your Turn: What topics would you like us to blog about? What changes have you been through recently? How have those changes been a blessing in your life?

***
Married over 20 years to her own real-life hero, Lisa Jordan and her hubby have 2 college-aged sons. By day, she's an early childhood educator. By night, she writes contemporary Christian romances for Love Inspired. Her debut novel, Lakeside Reunion, won the 2012 Carol award for short contemporary romance. Her second novel, Lakeside Family, released in August 2012. In her free time, she enjoys reading, chick flicks, crafting and NCIS. Visit her at www.lisajordanbooks.com.

15 comments:

  1. I love our new look, Lisa, thank you very much! (Oh, my first ! of the new year) And I'm very excited about our changes even though I'm a little nervous. Like you said, change isn't easy, but I think it will be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, thanks! I'm so glad you like the makeover. We were due.

    You're embarking on the crazy ride called Publication. It will be one of the most wonderful experiences of your life. And I know you will do well. Try not to focus on the numbers and remember God has gone before you already. He doesn't give us a spirit of fear but one of courage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I am so excited about this journey and have committed the sales to Him. I have absolutely no control over how well my book does. You are an awesome example of how to conduct myself as a writer.

      Delete
    2. Pat, that is so sweet of you to say! I know you will do well because you've allowed yourself time to grow as a writer and waited for Him to open the doors. And we are here to celebrate every milestone with you!

      Delete
  3. Excellent! So excited for the changes coming this year. I look forward to reading the blog posts.

    Since you are a teacher as well, Lisa, I suppose I'd like to see posts about juggling a full time career with a writing career. That's what I am doing now and it is difficult.

    Thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, I know how hard it is to juggle work and writing. I do work at home in my in-home childcare program, but even when the last Little Darling heads out the door, my day is not over. I applied to teach a workshop at ACFW in 2013 about juggling a full time career with writing. And we are going to be doing some stuff at My Book Therapy too. Email me at lisa@lisajordanbooks.com and I will tell you how I try to balance life, family, work and writing! Thanks so much for commenting. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your suggestion, Ruth!

      Delete
  4. Change and growth seem to go together. And you're right--it can be scary! My prayers are that our blog will bless many women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teri, you are a shining example of how change and growth go so well together. I'm praying our words will be a blessing too!

      Delete
  5. I appreciate the new look and this down-to-earth open-hearted view of vital true-to-life things we'll be writing about. And thanks so much for sprucing up our site. I find the quote font a little hard to read but otherwise everything is 100%. I'm thankful our spiritual lives matter as much as our writing dreams on this site--and for the sisterhood between us. I was amazed/blessed to finally read the background behind Seekersville (so like ours) and got a library book yesterday, No Rest for the Dead, edited by David Baldacci but co-written by 16 (count them) mystery writers--much like we did our fun fiction frolic for the Melbourne DT. And maybe we should do that again--or co-write or team-write an occasional post.
    Thanks again and many blessings, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, I'm sorry about the quote font. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Without our spiritual lives, nothing else is important. I think we need that to be a priority in order to minister to others. I know almost all of the Seekerville girls and adore them.

      A Ponderers round robin would be so much fun! Let's consider that and get it going before the year gets away from us. I read our other one with delight!

      Delete
  6. Am excited for all the growth and change we've gone through. Looking forward to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new look and the new focus. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about specific topics. I already love the ones you've posted on. Looking for you on Tuesdays and Thursdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure to see you here so often, Jeanne!

      Delete
  8. Lisa, this looks AWESOME!! Thank you for the loving attention you've given our blog. I agree, we were due. Your post goes right along with what I've been feeling about the coming year. I'm not listing resolutions; instead I'm making a list of things I would like to finish this year--some of which will require my losing sight of the "shore." I'm excited to be on this journey with The Ponderers and when I sometimes feel like I'm falling behind, I remind myself I've only seriously persued writing for three years. I'm still just a toddler. But I'm hoping to mature (in sooooooo many ways!!) in the coming year, learning from all my "big sisters." In the meantime, I celebrate each Ponderer success as my own. And this new phase of our blog? Definitely a Ponderer success!!

    ReplyDelete