I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Family Favorite Christmas Candy


In the spirit of friendship, I’d like to share a long-time recipe that my mother makes at Christmas. It’s simple to prepare. I might warn you about one thing. These need a label. Warning: this candy tastes so good that it’s hard to eat just one!

Without further ado, I present to you my mother’s recipe for White Bark Candy.

2 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups Captain Crunch cereal
2 cups Dry Roasted peanuts
2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
½ lbs. Almond Bark

Mix all ingredients except almond bark in a metal mixing bowl. Melt the almond bark in a double boiler and pour over the other ingredients. Mix well.

Drop by spoonful on wax paper. Cool completely. Enjoy!

Do you have a favorite Christmas recipe? Share away!

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe sounds yummy! I'm going to ponder how to make it gluten free. :) I have a recipe for peppermint bark.
    1 bag dark chocolate chips
    1 bag white chocolate chips
    3-4 (I think) candy canes crushed.
    **Peppermint oil, optional

    Heat the chocolate chips over low until just melted. Spread into a cookie sheet. Freeze till hard (in Colorado, I just stick it outside for a few minutes. :))
    Heat white chocolate over low heat, just till melted. If you heat too long, it will solidify again. Spread over dark chocolate. Sprinkle candy cane pieces over the top and freeze.

    If you want to use peppermint oil to make the flavor stronger, stir in a few drops while heating the white chocolate.

    Break into smaller/bite sized pieces. I usually put into a ziploc and freeze.
    My family loves this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds yummy, Jeanne! I'll have to try this!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea, and looks grandchild friendly and super enjoyable. Thanks. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a fun thing to make with grandkids!

      Delete
  4. Both of those recipes sound great!
    We use one that's really popular in our household only we use white chocolate, dark chocolate with peanut butter melted and then cooled. Yum, Yum.
    We give away most of it, less for me to eat :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Alena! I need to give most of this recipe away too.

      Delete
  5. Teri, this recipe sounds so yummy. I'll have to get the ingredients and try it. Here's a super fast recipe that children can do with the help of a grown up...

    Line a cookie sheet with waffle pretzels. add a Hershey's Hug or Kiss, then place in a preheated (350 degrees) oven long enough for Hug or Kiss to soften, but not melt completely. Remove. Before chocolate hardens, press an M&M in the center. Great salty/sweet treat.

    ReplyDelete