I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, November 7, 2011

Book Review (and Contest): Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist

Author Deaanne Gist's latest novel, Love on the Line, sets an independent heroine and a just-as-strong Texas Ranger hero against one another. The plot involves train robbers, the early days of telephones -- and animals' rights.

Yep, that's right.

Switchboard operator Georgia Gail is also a bird-lover. With a backyard that's a natural refuge for all kind of birds, she detests how women's clothes -- particularly women's bonnets -- are decorated with bird feathers, bird heads and sometimes with entire birds.

I've got to tell you, that was one story line I've never read before.

So while Ranger Luke Palmer pretends to be a telephone lineman while trying to find a gang of train robbers, Georgie rallies the women to boycott the local store selling bird-decorated bonnets.

And, of course, there's romance. And mystery. And to make it fun for her readers, Deeanne's hosting a contest!

CONTEST:

Deeanne is thrilled to introduce Georgie and Luke to the world in her latest novel, Love on the Line. To celebrate Deeanne's publisher, Bethany House, is hosting the Love on the Line iPad2 giveaway an Author Chat on Facebook! Enter today and follow the link below to RSVP for Deeanne's rip-roarin' Facebook Party!







One fortunate winner will receive: 



  • A Brand New iPad2 
  • An Autographed Hardback Copy of Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist 


Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends on November 7th. The winner will be announced at Deeanne's Author Chat Facebook Party. Deeanne will be wrapping up the Love on the Line celebration by chatting with friends new and old! So grab your copy of Love on the Line (it's okay if you don't have one yet - you might could win one!) and join Deeanne on the evening of November 8th for a rip-roaring book chat, a little trivia and lots of giveaways (books, Amazon, iTunes & Starbucks gift certificates)!

Enter via E-mail Enter via FacebookEnter via Twitter
Don't miss a moment of the fun. RSVP today and tell your friends. Hope to see you on the 8th!




*I received a copy of the book Love on the Line for review. But my opinion is my own. 

7 comments:

  1. I did enter, & I have to say that's an original & fun story line that sounds worth reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! This sounds like a interesting read. I can honestly say I've never heard that story line either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved, loved, loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I entered! Love the concept of Love on the Line . Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're all intrigued by the plot line. There were several other twists and turns in the book too ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great read. Thanks for the heads up. I've liked the other books I've read by Deeanne Gist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deeanne has written some of my favorite books. My daughter now has my copy of Love on the Line. :O)

    ReplyDelete