I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Friday, November 25, 2011

36 More Days!


36!!!
That’s how many days are left in 2011.
Are you asking yourself the same question, I am?
Where did the year go?
I set goals in the beginning of 2011. Have I accomplished all of them? Um. No. Definitely not. In fact there are some I haven’t even touched.
There are thirty-six more days in this year though, so I’m going to press in and see which one of the goals I can finish.
Don’t beat yourself up if you haven’t accomplished it all.
Stop. God loves you as you are. He is your biggest cheerleader. And because he’s God, he’s also right beside you as you take each step in your journey. He’s the encourager that never sleeps. He’s the friend you can call 24-7. You never get his voice mail or a busy signal when you call him.
So my friends, what steps can you take towards accomplishing some of your goals for this year? Are you ready to start planning for next year?
What concrete steps can you take towards your goals?
Did you want to finish your rough draft this year?
How many chapters can you realistically finish? Take a look at your schedule and see what you can fit in.
Record those shows you normally watch, get up earlier an hour earlier, go to bed later and fit in an hour of writing? or use your lunch break to write?
Did you want to lose some extra pounds?
Try to fit a few more work-outs in. Take the stairs when you can. Join a friend and go walking or jogging. Get a couple of audio books on writing craft and listen while working ou.
Remember, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! Let’s do this!
Blessings!
Alena Tauriainen

2 comments:

  1. Alena, I can't believe how fast this year whizzed by. As for my goals? I don't think I can lose 10 pounds in 36, er 35 days. Or finish my new WIP...but I am proud of how much better my writing is at the end of this year as opposed to last. And how much more I understand the writing process--thanks to Susie and Rachel and my critique partners.

    Now to dig out those pesky goals I wrote at the beginning of the year...

    Great post! And Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alena, that is great & also wisdom. The agent I counted on apparently isn't picking up my great WIP so early today I was lying awake thinking how to simplify plot--may have to succumb--we'll all be much further by this time next year. And maybe that's another point--I need to be careful to only count on Him.

    ReplyDelete