I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

#ACFW 2014... And No, I Wasn't There

I don’t know about you, but this past weekend separates writers into two categories.

Category One: Those soaring from the incredible experience that is the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) Annual Conference.
Category Two: Me. (The full time working mom who is blessed – yes,  blessed! –to have stayed at home with my family again this year.)

For those in category one, the weekend included in-person hugs from friends and colleagues spread across the country, workshops, worship, parties, and galas. For those in category two, the weekend included watching Frozen (for the seven hundredth time), setting up a big-girl bed and dealing with the joy that is potty training a toddler.

I’ve only been to one ACFW conference, and to be honest, I was a little naïve. (Like, I actually said I was going to be the next Karen Kingsbury to a living, breathing agent, naïve). Let’s just hope when I do find myself in category one again said agent doesn’t remember me. Or maybe she will, and we’ll have a good laugh...

Either way, I’d love for those of you who were blessed to be at ACFW, or blessed to remain at home, to share some of your ACFW 2014 highlights – good, funny, frustrating, heartbreaking. Let’s rejoice with each other, laugh with each other, lift each other up, and pray for one another until 2015!
 
For my “ACFW 2014” highlight…the big girl bed was a smashing success!

Blessings,

Amy

6 comments:

  1. Missed seeing you at the ACFW conference, Amy.
    The highlights were the people. Always the people. The new meets. The meet agains. And yes, I was up for an award -- and no, I didn't win. But I embraced the truth of "It was a thrill to be nominated." And my husband flew in Saturday to go to the gala with me and he wore his tux! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TEE! I definitely missed the people the most, and you! Thank goodness for all of the pictures! What an honor you were nominated for an award, too! And I live it that your hubby flew in like a knight in shining armor - in a tux! I love that photo of you two! He's a keeper!

      Delete
    2. Whoa. That was my quota of exclamation points. Are you cringing a little inside? :)

      Delete
  2. Amy,
    Hey -- the big girl bed was worth every minute. She looks snug and happy. Priceless. And Beth and Rob were the cutest couple. I was so blessed to see my friends name on the big screen. Blessed and proud! It was fun seeing people and knowing I had friends in the midst of that very, very large crowd. Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll never, ever be sorry for the time you are giving to her now, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm tearing up at her in her big girl bed! She's growing up so fast! Missed you, Amy, but one day you will be there--in God's timing!. And you don't get the market on !!!!

    ReplyDelete