I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

2014 ACFW from my Perspective...

Patricia Bradley

For those of you who tuned in to see what Delores was posting about today, she's not here. She's in ISRAEL!! Go Dee! She will blog about her trip in my spot on the 14th, so don't miss it!

But I'm here, ready to tell you about the 2014 ACFW Conference in St. Louis...

First of all, I attended Thursday's Early Bird session with Christopher Vogler, learning about the Hero's Journey. Such an encouraging man! Bought the only book he brought--he didn't know it, but I was going home with that book. 

Another a-ma-zing thing about the conference was the daily Praise and Worship sessions led by the a-ma-zing Rachel Hauck. It was a perfect way to start each morning off.


This is a morning session with hands raised, praising God.















Then, I went to Michelle Lim's  class on brainstorming and boy, did she help me get past the hump where I was stuck in my WIP. Congratulations Michelle for winning the Genesis in Romantic Suspense! And to all the winners and finalists. 


Somehow I didn't get pictures of Jennifer Dornbush's class on getting your forensics right or the class on Scrivener, but they were great! The last class I took was Susan May Warren and Rachel Hauck's class on Staying Published. That class sent me home fired up and ready to start writing! 


Before I was published I went to conference mainly to get requests for a proposal on my manuscripts from editors and agents. I was usually too nervous to focus on classes. Now I go to conferences to actually attend workshops, network and see old friends!  Can you tell I didn't know what to do with my left arm?

Me with Beth White and Pam Hillman


But it wasn't all work as you can see in the next photos. In the first one, I'm holding up the Arch. Aren't you glad? The other one was taken late at night from near the hotel. 



If you get a chance to go to a writer's conference, go, especially ACFW. So, what do you like best about conferences? Leave a comment and let me know!

Patricia Bradley
www.patriciabradleyauthor.com
http://mbtponderers.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @PTBradley1
Follow me on FaceBook: www.facebook.com/patriciabradleyauthor

Shadows of the Past - Revell February 2014 
A Promise To Protect - Revell October 2014
Matthew's Choice - Heartwarming September 2014
Shop Amazon for my books under Patricia Bradley

6 comments:

  1. It's hard to say what's best! The classes, the fellowship with other writers, the worship…and so much more. I'm praying that I will get to go to the next one in the DFW area! I've got a copy of The Hero's Journey too. Excellent book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Teri, I hope you can come, too. I plan to be there and it will be great to see you!

      Delete
  2. I've got to say, seeing everyone I know as well as making new connections was great. I missed Michelle's class and I was totally bummed, but all in all had fun! It was great to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great seeing you, Jennie! Can't wait til next year.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like I definitely missed a great conference… missed seeing/meeting you, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your sweet words, Pat! The conference was a blast and it was great fun to see you.

    ReplyDelete