I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, September 17, 2012

Standing In Faith


"Free image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net"

It’s Alena!

No surprise I’m frantically trying to get everything ready before ACFW.

When you’re under duress, that’s the time faith kicks in (you hope). 

I wasn’t raised in church so I spent a lot of time later in life memorizing scriptures.

I had to learn how to hold them up, or many a time, let them hold me up, when life’s circumstances seemed to have trod me under. 

Ever been there? When all you know to do is stand on The Word of God?

That’s what I did today and will continue to do so during this crazy jam-packed week. 

Here are some of the scriptures I use. 

I pray they will bless you as much as they bless me.  The emphases are mine.

Need help seeing the finishing line of your To Do List?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13 NIV

Or

For God is able to exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask or imagine. Ephesians 3:20

Or maybe this one,

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

6 In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6 Amplified)

Need wisdom on your story plot or wisdom on which agent to approach?

3 Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed. (Proverbs 16:3 Amplified version)

For those of you who are pitching this week, try this one.  

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7 Amplified version)

What scriptures do you use when you feel a Tsunami coming your way?

Blessings !

Alena T. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement this morning. I need it! I also like Jeremiah 33:3 - "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Our God is only a prayer away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scriptures, Alena.

    This one is a long one, but it's one of my faves. Psalm 84:5-7--"How blessed is the man whose strength is in the Thee; in whose heart are the highways to Zion! Passing through the valley of Baca, they mnake it a spring, the early rain also covers it with blessings. They go from strength to strength, every one of them appears before God in Zion."

    When I've gone through trials, He has comforted me with the reminder that he is always with me. And in passing through (not remaining in) the Valley of Baca (weeping), he brings beauty in that place. He refreshes. He brings me from strength to strength. I don't know if this makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the verses!! I love them all. It comforts my heart to read them. I have been reading Psalm 37 lately as a reminder to TRUST in the Lord and commit my way to the Lord. Resting in Him and waiting patiently isn't easy...but completely worth it.

    God is good all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my favorite verses are in Isaiah 43. Do not fear for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name. You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great verses--sorry I missed this yesterday, but it's never too late. Thanks, blessings, and looking forward to seeing you SOON. Safe travels, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ladies!
    Thanks so much for the verses.
    Keep speaking standing on The Word...God is so very faithful!

    Blessings!
    Alena T.

    ReplyDelete