I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012: A Time for Change

In the midst of all the caroling and celebrating and worshiping and feasting and wrapping and unwrapping and even the occasional napping, the MBT Ponderers ... um, pondered during the last month of 2011.

In a flurry of emails and Facebook posts, we wrestled with the age-old question: Who are we? Why are we here?

The MBT Ponderers.

We're well aware we're not the only writers on the blogging block. We've been at this since July 2010. We've done some things well. And there are some things, quite frankly, we need to change. Improve. Mix up.

Let the change begin.

For the next month, things will look pretty much the same. But don't let that fool you. The MBT Ponderers are determined to refocus, reframe, rework this blog.

Why?

This year is not just about change for the MBT Ponderers. Nope.We could do that just by mixing up the font and the header photo.

While continuing to focus on Fiction, Faith and Friendship, the MBT Ponderers want to purposely focus on you -- our followers. Readers of fiction. And, yes, writers of fiction because writers read fiction too.

We'll be blogging about change for the rest of the month and looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Keep your eye on this blog come February.

Change is a-coming.

You tell us: Is there anything you'd like to see change here at the MBT Ponderers? What works for you? What doesn't? And if you'd like to share any changes you're making in 2012, we'd love to hear about those too.

15 comments:

  1. Change is in the air! I love it. One of biggest strengths is adaptability (I took some quiz at work that told me that!)and so change usually doesn't faze me too much.

    For me, I am changing my routine to include an hour of writing every day, as I tend to get sucked into the lazy mode after work. I am joining Weight Watchers, and moving the stationary bike into my living room. (not pretty, but it will help me in my need for exercise)

    That's it for me. :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Beth. I'm excited for the fun changes coming our way.

    Changes I'm making in 2012: Greater commitment to loving Christ and loving others. Better job at prioritizing and spending time wisely. Be the healthier version of me I know I can be if I'll just make good decisions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the first time I actually wrote down my goals for 2012...(how strange it seems to write that date)and two of my goals are like Melissa's: be Christ to others and spending my time wisely.
    I'm looking forward to the changes we're making here at MBT Ponderers!
    Great post, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the variety of your posts. So I'm curious what kind of changes you're thinking about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherrinda,
    You're our first commentor for 2012! Woo Hoo! No prize for that actually -- just the fun of knowing you were the first one here!

    Melissa & Pat: It's been fun praying over and brainstorming the future of the MBT Ponderers!

    Sandra: One thing that is not changing: variety!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the individual voices we bring to the blog. Each of the Ponderers' words impacts me in different ways. Usually they're words I need to hear for that day.

    I love how nicely you explained our upcoming changes. It's more than changing the font--it's about impacting readers.

    If we don't change--not just this blog, but each person as individuals, then we risk becoming stagnant. I'm all for change...even if it does come with some challenges at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Changes. Looking forward to seeing what they are. The posts you all share make me think. I love the transparency so many of the posts have held and the encouragements the words have conveyed.

    Goals for me: to write daily, to finish my wip by the end of this month. To be attuned to my husband and kids so I can be the best wife and mom I can for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa,
    As the Ponderers have talked back and forth this past month, we've realized we do not want to become stagnant. We want to challenge ourselves and our readers to move forward in 2012. I'm excited to see what we all learn in the next year!

    Jeanne, you are one of our most faithful readers and we so appreciate you.
    Cheering you on as you finish your WIP,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new year, fresh slate, new lists, and all that. Looking forward to 2012. My goal list is much like Melissa's, except she said hers so nicely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris Potash1/3/12, 9:54 AM

    I really enjoy reading the blog and am intrigued to see what changes are coming :-)

    One thing that I would like is the "author" of the blog post to put their name at the top of the post instead of at the bottom. Or maybe give each person a day (Beth has Monday, etc.) and let us know who has what day. I like to know whose "voice" I am reading right from the get-go.

    Happy and healthy 2012 to all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't get it. I left 2 comments yesterday on the blog but neither showed up. What's the deal?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never mind. I figured it out. As per usual it was PEBKAC problem exist between keyboard and chair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Checking back today.
    Thanks for commenting, Jenness, Chris and Ginger. (Glad you got your comments to show up, Snap!)
    And, Chris, I like your idea of having the blogger's name at the top of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris, I think it's fun to try and guess who us writing (you know, without consulting my schedule) but that's because I know each Ponderer. I like to try to hear their actual voices behind the words. This is exactly the kind if thing we want to change- we aren't writing for/to just us Ponderers. We've spent some time, as Beth said, refocusing on our followers. So thank you for that awesome suggestion! That's one easy change we can make right away!

    Beth, thank you for leading the Change Charge! Personally, I've always sort of resisted change, but the older I get, the better I understand that change equals growth. January is always a great time to make changes. I'd like to be more consistent in 2012. In every area if my life. Writing, devotions/worship, parenting, food, health, and marriage. I'm not great with resolutions so I'm stealing your idea from last year and choose the word consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pat, I just read "A fresh anointing for new assignments." Now that's my story (prayer), and I'm stickin' to it.

    ReplyDelete