I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Awareness of His Touch


Imagine having so much faith that knowing a single touch of Jesus' garment would be enough to heal your infirmities. Or knowing without a shadow of doubt that God had complete control of your life.

But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me." Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace." Luke 8: 46-48 NIV

How many times do we go through our days, placing God lower and lower on our list of priorities, but at the first sign of trouble, we're quick to shove Him to the top? Yes, I'm guilty of that. Sometimes I have shaky faith. I worry. I fret. I spend too much time "what iffing." I get frustrated because I know my will may not be in alignment with God's will.

As a parent, I have to make decisions that meet the needs of my children. Those choices may not mirror theirs. That's how it is with God. His will may not match my will. Now, instead of praying for my will to be done, I've been praying for Him to change my heart so it's in alignment with His will for my life.

I need to be stronger in my faith. I need to remember He has a plan and a purpose for my life. His will rules over my will. If I walk by faith, and not by sight, I will have peace about being in His will. I want the faith of those who knew a single touch would be enough to heal them. I want the Awareness of His Touch in every facet of my life.

So for 2012, I have prayerfully chosen faith as my one word.

Your Turn: Are you aware of His Touch in every area of your life?


Lisa Jordan
www.lisajordanbooks.com

10 comments:

  1. Lisa, for some time now I've been praying that God would change my heart so I will want what He wants for me. I think when we truly ask that, He will do it. Maybe not like a bolt of lightning, but as we become conformed more into His image, we slowly see our desires change. One way I see that happening is in my writing. Once, I just wanted to be published. Now I write for an audience of One, and if He is the only One who reads my stories...well, that's good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Lisa. I'm not as aware of His touch in every area of my life as I'd like to be. I've been praying for greater sensitivity to His promptings in my days, a greater awareness of His presence in every area of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love this post! I've been having the same thoughts, just using a different sense. Though I've had to live by faith during the last four years, I still don't think I hear Him as much as I'd like. I'd like to be sensitive to every word He whispers, to follow every step He takes.

    I too want the Awareness of His touch in every facet of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy! I just left a comment on someone else's blog talking about a conversation I had recently about how sometimes I find myself thinking I just don't have time to spend with God. How ridiculous...There is peace and power and awesome, awesome love available to me...but I need to "touch" it...I need to grasp Christ's garment...

    Apparently God is really driving this home to me through conversations and blogs. :)

    Faith is a great word for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, God promises to give us the desires of our heart. As Christians, our desires are to serve Him and stay obedient to the tasks He has given us. The more we trust and obey, the more we are in His will. And I love your Audience of One thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne, I love the key words of greater sensitivity that you used. So many times I tend to stumble along and then remember God would have made the situation so much easier if I had just listened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxanne, you're an amazing example of walking in faith. God cradled you close to his chest, dried your tears, and offered you a second chance at love. He promises to take us by the hand and guide us. So thankful we're not walking alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, so many of us are guilty of the same thing. I've found when I make time for God, everything else in my day falls into place. When I push him aside, the day is more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa,
    I love how you picked the word faith for 2012. It's a challenging word ... and yet it offers us such peace too.
    I am eager to see how God works this word, this experience, out in your life in the upcoming year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful post, Lisa. Thank you. You have prompted me to choose "believe" for my word this year.

    "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." ~ Luke 1:45

    A friend gave me that verse, framed, many years ago, and I just moved it over by my Christmas tree and draped a bow over top.

    Thanks for the wisdom you shared here, and for the nudge!

    ReplyDelete