I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pondering Places ~ Deb Raney

DEBORAH RANEY is at work on her 20th novel. Her books have won the RITA Award, HOLT Medallion, National Readers' Choice Award, Silver Angel, and have twice been Christy Award finalists. Her first novel, A Vow to Cherish, inspired the World Wide Pictures film of the same title. Almost Forever, first in her new Hanover Falls Novels series, released in May 2010 from Howard/Simon & Schuster. Deb and her husband, Ken Raney, enjoy small-town life in Kansas. They are new empty nesters with four grown children and two adorable grandsons, who all live much too far away. Visit Deb on the Web at http://www.deborahraney.com/.

Deb says, "I never get bored with my writing space since my MacBook Pro let me move from my office, to our back deck, front porch, sofa or kitchen bar. If I need to escape the laundry or doorbell, I have a couple of favorite coffee shops where I like to write. If I'm not on the deck writing to the sound of the birds singing, I'm listening to movie soundtracks, which make great novel soundtracks."


Jenness says, "I'm jealous of all of those gorgeous covers! So cool. :-) Gorgeous room, Deb! Thanks for sharing!"

Now it's your turn: What do you like best about Deb's room?

11 comments:

  1. I love the wall art, and hope to someday copy her decorating scheme! I also love that her MacBook lets her wander to a space that suits her mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it looks so cozy but what I'm envious (and I know that's wrong. lol) of is how neat it is. Deb must really be organized! Can we have a workshop on that???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the love and warmth that generates from her writing areas. That same love and warmth shines in her books too.

    Beautiful and cozy! Thanks for sharing, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, is this a great concept. Fun and gorgeous inspiring wall. Thanks, Jenness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the framed book covers, but I'm really curious as to what she keeps in that long file box on her desk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card chandelier thing in the corner caught my attention first. Whatever it is, I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting me, Jenness! I love your blog!

    I think I can answer all your questions with one answer: my office is so neat because those file boxes are all stuffed full of junk! ;)
    Seriously, I admit to being kind of a neatnik. When I'm in the middle of a book, my desk is considerably messier. For photos of a messy desk, and info on that chandelier (my daddy made if for me!) check out this facebook album. (And if you're not already my FB friend, I'd love to hand out with you there!)
    http://snipurl.com/debsoffice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops! KNEW I should have proofed that better. That last sentence is HANG out with you (on facebook.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Deb, thanks so much for popping in! (And for the link for more pics. I checked out the chandelier and am thinking about finding your daddy. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first chance to sit and relax today, but I just wanted to leave a comment. :) The first thing I noticed about Deb's writing space is the natural light that filters in through her curtained window. SO pretty! The colors, the neatly arranged frames, the greenery, everything. Oh, and the knowledge that her boxes are full like mine. :) Thanks for sharing, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, I've had most all my covers framed. I still have a few waiting their turn.

    They are hanging in the living room, the den and the large bathroom.

    ReplyDelete