I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, August 23, 2010

You've Got a Gift

Photo by bearjwicke/Stockxchange.com



You’ve got it!
You heard me—you.
This gift that God has given you is important. It’s a gift intended to feed hungry people, to change lives and to bring hope. But you have to share it. That’s right, you.
I know what you’re thinking: Maybe I’m not good enough to do this. Or perhaps: If I don’t write this story what’s it going to matter?
It matters because God has given you a unique voice to reach people who speak your language. I know you get discouraged when the words won’t come out right, when they seem to lay flat on the page in a jumbled mess. You might even be thinking that perhaps others are better suited to the task, like the pastor or the elders or someone “more spiritual" or who is a better writer.

Listen to what Jesus said about this:
Matthew 14:15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, "This is a remote place, and it's already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food." 16 Jesus replied, "They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat."

Did you get that? Jesus said "Don't send them away, You give them something to eat."

Jesus blessed what they had (the fishes and loaves) and the disciples were able to feed thousands that day.

God will bless your words, you just have to be willing to write them and trust Him. He's faithful. Then the people will be fed.

Be encouraged today that God is with you. You can do this.

ginger r. takamiya

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the starting the week off right--with encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth is so right--a great way to start of the week with a blessing of encouragement. Thanks for the lovely post, G. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a needed message today! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - I needed this so much today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start to a Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lining up with the others...I needed this. A great way to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginger, you should sign your name, lady! That was a wonderful post. I am encouraged, and today I need it. (Even if nobody is ever going to read my "unique voice" in my thesis!) Hee hee. Oh, I can't wait to write fiction again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ginger, for your words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ginger, have you been peeking into the inner workings of my mind? I have struggled with those very defeating thoughts you mentioned, and now you have given me something new to ponder. I never really thought about the story in my head being something that Jesus wants to feed hungry people with--at least, not quite in that way. Thanks for the wonderful encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhonda Hopkins8/23/10, 1:55 PM

    So inspirational and so needed! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies, You have encouraged me today so very much. Just goes to show you how much we need one another and how much we need each other's unique voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good reminder, Ginger! Does that mean I need to stop looking at decorating blogs and write? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Ginger, for the message of confirmation and encouragement. It was just what I wanted to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I join the other voices-I needed so much to hear your words today. I've gone back to work in the abstinence program and I know this is what God wants me to do for a short season. Thank you, Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post reminded me of another passage - the parable of the talents, where the servant buried his talent rather than invest it (Matthew 25).
    I want to hear my Master say, "Well done...you have been faithful with a few things..."
    No matter how small my work seems, I want to be found faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ava, that is so right. Faithful is key. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Examining myself to see if I am being faithful in the little things. Good reminder, thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully done, Ginger--truly.

    Inspiring and impacting! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the encouragement. (You did write that just for me, didn't you?) :-)

    ReplyDelete