I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, May 25, 2015

Jesus Promised...

Well, He promised a lot of things. Like, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5)

Photo from Free Digital Photos

And that’s just about as amazing as it gets. As long as Jesus walks by our side, we don’t have anything to fear, and I know we can make it another day.

But He made other promises too. We read one of the best in John 14:3.  “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am there you may be also.”

How’s that to wow your neon-pink socks off?

But can we be honest here? Is there something you’d like to happen before Jesus comes?  Maybe you’d like to get that book contract first.  Maybe you desire the squealing joy when you tear open a package to find you own book finally there.

Perhaps your heart cries out for reconciliation with someone before you meet your Savior face to face. Or you urgently need to say, “I’m sorry” to a friend or family member.

 Could it be you want to hold your very first grandchild in your arms? (Hint, hint, somebody.)

Now that we’re being honest, how would you finish this sentence?

I’d want Jesus to come, except first, I’d like….

3 comments:

  1. For Jennie's prayer to be answered! Great blog Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't see this right away. Total well-being of family with maximized outward-reaching faith for each of them. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete