I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Two Tips When You Find it Hard to Forgive




All of us need help in forgiving someone in our life. If we’re honest, it’s probably fairly often.

I have two things that help me when I need to forgive someone. One is a sign that was posted in a room in my mother-in-law’s home.

It said: “When forgiving someone is so very hard to do, just remember how much has been forgiven you.”

Yes, there’s quite a lot that I need to remember! I think it softens our hearts to contemplate the depth of our own need of mercy and grace. I don't deserve the forgiveness of Jesus, so why should I hold a grudge?

Then it helps me if I remind myself of my complete, infallible list of all the people in the world who have never sinned. It includes all the religious leaders of the world, all the famous social workers, and all the incredible philanthropists who ever lived. It is my exhaustive list of everyone who has never failed.

Ready for the list?

Here it is:

Jesus.

That’s it. He’s the only one.


If you find it hard to forgiven someone, even if they don’t deserve it, I hope these two things might help you too. But please share with our readers how you are able to forgive!

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate this & am glad to think of you dear Ponderers while I still have connection today very far away from you. I'm in Singapore today flying to Philippines tonight where the possibility of coming typhoon may affect a great many people including our mission pastors' conf. schedule & much more. Prayers appreciated, and prayers and appreciation given for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a long time ago unforgiveness only hurts the person who refuses to forgive. Great post, Teri!

    ReplyDelete