I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hurdling the Fences in our Way


 
 
While I was wondering what to blog about, I was perusing through several videos online, when I stumbled onto this one.  It’s a story of one Elk in a herd of a couple of hundred.  All the others had jumped the fence following the alpha Male across the road and beyond. Here’s the link, if you are interested: http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/elk-attempts-to-jump-fence-follow-massive-herd-but-fails-miserably/
The small elk pushed and shoved at the fence, determined to get back with the herd. That is until a car drives by and scares him away from the edge of the fence.  Only then did he see the fence for what it was, just another hurdle to jump over.
How many times have we, stumbled, gotten back up, then stumbled again? We’re determined to plow through our problems, push over the obstacle in our way?  Maybe this one time, we need to step back and examine the problem for what it really is.  We need to look at it through a different lens, if you will.  Then instead of trying to fix it ourselves, turn it over to our God, the One who can solve all our problems.

He promises that he will never leave us or forsake us, even in the darkest valleys or standing by the fences that block our path.  Sometimes the answer will not be what we want, but God has our best interest at heart—all the time.

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Jennie, thanks for this insight. I love the segue from elk to God's truths. :-)

    In my darkest hours, I've clung the promise that God will never leave me or forsake me. So important to know He has our best interests at heart all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Jennie. Great advice! Sometimes I find myself trying to bulldoze a problem that only needs a shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne, Keep on hanging in there, because God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I forgot to check yesterday, but appreciate. Yes, like the Red Sea w/ Egyptians coming from behind, sometimes we're suddenly more willing to go forward. Thanks, Jennie.

    ReplyDelete