I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Thursday, November 7, 2013

10 Things I Never Thought I’d Say



Hi friends!

Do you remember saying you’d never be like your parents?

I do.

Then I had kids and found myself saying the exact words my parents said to me. Ack!

Here are the top 10 things; I thought I’d NEVER say.

1. "Don't you make me pull this car over...."

2. "Because I said so."

3. "Go ahead keep it up, see what happens."

4. "I'll wash your mouth out with soap."

5. "When I was your age, I had to....."

6. "You're not made of sugar, you won't melt."

7. "I promise, you'll live."

8. "I brought you into this world and I CAN take you out!"

9. "When you have kids, you'll understand."

And my absolute favorite…(said with strong emotion!)

10. "One day, God willing, you'll have one JUST like you."

How about you? Have you said something that sounded just like your parents?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Alena. I had to go to the MBT schedule to realize this was you, but, yes, my son and I have been heard saying some of these things--and they survived--because there is so much love involved today. I especially know you are rich in giving love and nurturing, Alena,. Well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I always told the kids in the schools I was in that they would say the very things they hate to hear from their parents. lol I also told them when their parents said, "Because I said so..." That was enough reason. Great post, Alena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a parent, but I have one. It was a conversation-stopper at a party.

    "I just saw a sign advertising a rodeo - said "'bikini barrel-racing'. But who wants to see a horse in a bikini?"

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's one I used far too often: "Ask your Dad."

    ReplyDelete