I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, May 28, 2012

Freedom Comes With a Price



Greater love has no one than this, 
that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 NIV

In the midst of your summer kick-off plans, home improvement projects and holiday weekend sales events, take time to remember those who have gone before us to secure our freedoms. Be sure to thank a veteran or a service man or service woman today for continually keeping us free. Freedom comes with a price...and someone else paid it for me. 

7 comments:

  1. Love that bumper sticker in your picture. And it's true--so important to honor those who have fought for and secured our freedoms. Or thank family members of those who paid the cost of freedom with their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, today is a day to remember and be thankful.

    I attended a military funeral a few years ago when I was still reporting. That day, it really, finally, sank in for me...the gift our military men and women give to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow this year, the deaths of those who gave their all for my freedom have touched me more than usual. Love your scripture verse. I used it on my blog today: www.ptbradley.com along with a picture of our National Cemetery with all the flags on each headstone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks for the perfet reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's officially my favorite bumper sticker now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deeply touching post. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete