I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Friday, October 28, 2011

Ponderer in Print! Interview with Lisa Jordan

With the official launch of our very own Ponderer, Lisa Jordan's first novel release only days away, I stole her away for a moment to get her thoughts. It's been quite a journey for Lisa to go from dream to her book being available on Amazon.com. Here's a look at her experience:


1) Now that you're seeing your first book on Amazon.com, how does that make you feel?

With Lakeside Reunion releasing on Amazon and days from the official release date, I feel like a bride-to-be counting down the days to her wedding. I’ve dreamed of this for so long, and now it’s finally becoming a reality. I’m also humbled that God would use little ole me to touch readers’ hearts.

2) Regarding the period from contract to publication, what are some of the challenges you faced?

Not having a housekeeper or personal chef meant I had to pull myself away from writing to clean my house and cook for my family. Do they really need clean towels or food? Really, though, it’s been a juggling act—my full-time job as in-home childcare provider, church obligations, MBT responsibilities, writing—promoting book 1, revising book 2 and plotting book 3—and staying caught up on what Gibbs and the team are up to on NCIS.

3) How did you overcome those things?

I’m a List Maker (Blessed are the list makers for they shall organize the earth). I have a daily to-do list that I sometimes ignore, but for the most part prioritize what needs to be done. I use stolen moments during the day to do social networking, small household tasks, and then spend a couple of hours each evening after dinner to work on my current WIP.

4) Now that you've published your first novel, what's next for you?


Last week, I signed the contract for my second novel, Lakeside Family that will be released in August 2012 by Love Inspired. I’m finishing those revisions, and then I will begin plotting my third novel so I can write the rough draft during NaNoWriMo.

5) What words of wisdom would you like to share with those writers who would like to see their novels on Amazon.com?


Stay focused on your end goal by learning the craft and don’t be in a hurry to get published. Take time to learn your strengths and weaknesses. Find your voice—don’t try to copy other authors. And most importantly, give it all up to God. He knows the desires of your heart and will order your steps.


We are very proud of you, Lisa, and wish you well on your release.

Reba J. Hoffman


Lisa's Bio: Heart, home and faith have always been important to Lisa Jordan, so writing stories that feature both comes naturally to her. She has been writing contemporary Christian romance for more than a decade. Her debut novel, Lakeside Reunion, will be released in November by Love Inspired. Her second novel, Lakeside Family, will be released in August 2012 by Love Inspired. Happily married for over twenty years, Lisa and her husband have two young adult sons. When she isn’t writing or caring for children in her in-home childcare business, Lisa enjoys family time, romantic comedies, good books, crafting with friends and feeding her NCIS addiction. Connect with Lisa on Twitter, Like her on Facebook and sign up for her newsletter on her Website.

Don't Miss: Lisa is holding a scavenger hunt and lakeside photo contest to promote her Lakeside Reunion release. Visit her Lakeside Reunion Contest page for more information. *Please note the Scavenger Hunt form has been updated to include more bloggers.
The token for this blog is a duck.

Back cover copy: Bed-and-breakfast owner Lindsey Porter prays she won’t run into Stephen Chase when she returns to Shelby Lake. Five years ago, the cop jilted her to marry another woman, and Lindsey fled town. But no sooner does she hit city limits than Stephen pulls her over for a broken taillight. Despite the past, he’s still able to stir up Lindsey’s old feelings for him. Now a widower and single dad, Stephen recognizes a second chance when he sees one. And he’ll do anything to make Lindsey trust in God and take a risk for love—again. Read an excerpt of Lakeside Reunion

7 comments:

  1. We could not be more proud of you, Lisa. Great job and your writing train will steadily steam forward.
    Also love your great cover. Enjoy and fun/strength as you keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Lisa! I m so proud of you. Lakeside Reunion is such a beautiful love story. Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I'm amazed at all you are able to accomplish in a given day. :) Soooo happy fo you! Can hardly wait to read Lakeside Reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get to go up to PA next weekend to personally witness Lisa signing her first books. It isn't possible to be more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dee, thanks so much! I appreciate your support. And yes, I agree with you on my cover. I'm so pleased with it.

    Pat, I'm so glad you loved Lakeside Reunion. I'm so thankful for your wonderful review.

    Jeanne, I have say my accomplishments are because of God. I couldn't do this all on my own. So thankful I don't have to either!

    Reba, thanks for interviewing me. I'm so so excited to see you in a week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see your book cover, I smile. Every time I read another post about your book debut, I smile.
    LJ, I couldn't be happier for you!! You deserve every moment of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this book and I'm buying multiple copies!

    Thanks for the great interview, Rebs.

    Lisa, I hope you sell tons of books!

    ReplyDelete