I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, September 26, 2011

Chosen


Chosen.

I’m in the midst of preparing to leave my family, job, and classes for the 2011ACFW conference this week in St. Louis. I’m feeling pretty inadequate.

See, up until a little while ago, I just loved to read. I read voraciously. I read on the elliptical, in the car, waiting in line, at the doctor's office. Anywhere I could get a few minutes in, I always had a book to read.

Then God gave me a vision to write books.

Writing, really?

I’m the chick that says, “Keep on walking if you’re looking for someone creative.”

You need me to prepare a spreadsheet? Got it.

Prepare projections based on the past year sales trends for our family business? No problem.

Cook for twenty women? I'm your go-to-gal.

Keep 12 kids for one week and volunteer at Vacation Bible School? Walk in the park.

Write books ... Hmmmm.

When I began to doubt myself, God sent me this Scripture. (Amazing how He does that, isn’t it?)

John 15:16 -- You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed you [I have planted you], that you might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit may be lasting [that it may remain, abide], so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name [as [a]presenting all that I AM], He may give it to you. (Amplified)

This is why I chose the picture of the woman jumping for joy. Ecstatic. Happy. Exhilarated.

I, Alena Tauriainen was chosen by God. He has planted me here on this writing journey to go and bear and to keep bearing fruit.

And on those days the size of my writing efforts is grape-sized, then I stand on this Scripture:

Luke 8:15 -- But as for that [seed] in the good soil, these are [the people] who, hearing the Word, hold it fast in a just ([a]noble, virtuous) and worthy heart, and steadily bring forth fruit with patience. (Amplified)

I love the "steadily bringing forth fruit" part. Okay, so I’m not too crazy about the “with patience” part. Who is?

So how about you?

Do you know your Chosen? Appointed? Planted by God?

What can you do to get more watermelon-sized writing days?

Blessings!
Alena Tauriainen


8 comments:

  1. Alena, how did you know that this was JUST what I needed to read today? Struggling with doubts discourages me. Your words are such a great reminder that when God calls, He also equips me to do what He's given me to do.

    Still working on getting watermelon-sized writing efforts in a day. I'm switching things up in my schedule to provide opportunity for that.

    Thanks for your words today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne,
    God knew. I'm constantly amazed by just how much He cares and provides.

    I pray you get to maximize every moment you get to write!

    Blessings!
    Alena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alena, this is absolute awesome. John 15:16 is my life verse. And in case you have't noticed, my tag line is: I asked God to teach me patience and He gave me a book to write.

    So great to spend time with you last week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alena,
    Sometimes, those little grapes can pack more flavor than an entire watermelon! Concentrated. Quality- not always quantity and all that. Oh, and cooking is an art, and keeping 12 kids occupied... You must have loads of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday, Alena. Loved seeing you. You are such a great gal and I'm praying & keeping my eyes on all God will do through you. You shine with His beauty. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, awesome, awesome post, Alena. I'm so glad God chose you for this writing journey - because I got to meet you! Thank you for the encouragement and reminder that God has chosen us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful post, Alena. And after spending so much time with you this past week, I can see why God chose you to write. You have a gift, my friend. One that will be refined and polished to glimmer in the Sonshine like a rare gem. Thank you for this lovely, lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete