I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Book Review (and Contest): My Foolish Heart by Susan May Warren

'

I was thrilled to find out Susan May Warren's book My Foolish Heart takes place in Deep Haven. The first book in that series, Happily Ever After, was the first book I ever read by Susie--and it's great to visit Deep Haven again.

There are so many things to love about My Foolish Heart. Susie touches on themes dealing with fears--and overcoming them-- as well as finding love in unexpected places--right next door, as a matter of fact. Susie also manages to weave football into the story--and I love football! And as a former military wife, I appreciate that Caleb, the hero of the book, is ex-military--and he's wounded, a hot topic nowadays, and one that Susie handles well.

So what's My Foolish Heart about?

Unknown to her tiny town of Deep Haven, Isadora Presley spends her nights as Miss Foolish Heart, the star host of a syndicated talk radio show. Millions tune in to hear her advice on dating and falling in love, unaware that she’s never really done either. Issy’s ratings soar when it seems she’s falling in love on-air with a caller. A caller she doesn’t realize lives right next door.

Caleb Knight served a tour of duty in Iraq and paid a steep price. The last thing he wants is pity, so he hides his disability and moves to Deep Haven to land his dream job as the high school football coach. When his beautiful neighbor catches his eye, in a moment of desperation he seeks advice from My Foolish Heart, the show that airs before his favorite sports broadcast. 

Before he knows it, Caleb finds himself drawn to the host—and more confused than ever. Is his perfect love the woman on the radio . . . or the one next door?

And now for some fun to celebrate My Foolish Heart!

Win a Romantic Night on the Town from Miss Foolish Heart!


To celebrate this charming novel about a dating expert who's never had a date, Susan has put together a romantic night on the town for one lucky couple. One grand prize winner will receive a Miss Foolish Heart prize package worth over $200!


The winner of the Romantic Night on the Town Prize Pack will receive:

* A $100 Visa Gift Card (For Dinner)

* A $100 Gift Certificate to a Hyatt/Marriott Hotel

* The entire Deep Haven series

To enter just click one of the icons below. But, hurry, the giveaway ends at noon on June 16th. The winner will be announced that evening during Susan’s Miss Foolish Heart Party on Facebook! Susan will be chatting with guests, hosting a book club chat about My Foolish Heart, testing your Deep Haven trivia skills, and giving away tons of great stuff! (Gift certificates, books, donuts, and more!) Don't miss the fun and BRING YOUR FRIENDS! 


Enter via E-mail Enter via FacebookEnter via Twitter


I also have a copy of My Foolish Heart to give away to someone who comments on this blog post. So tell me: Have you read My Foolish Heart? Did you have a favorite scene? Do you believe in love can be right next door?









Disclaimer: I received a copy of My Foolish Heart to review. 

8 comments:

  1. I started this book, but haven't finished it yet. I'm looking forward to curling up with it this weekend. Happily Ever After was the first book of Susie's that I read. I've read almost every one since--I need to read the Heirs of Anton series and the rest of the Brothers in Arms series.

    I believe love can be found wherever your heart is open and God orchestrates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia Meeter6/15/11, 8:15 AM

    I have not yet read this book. I just started "Happily Ever After" & loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) My mom recently finished reading My Foolish Heart and called me to read me a specific passage because apparently, I AM the Isadora Presley of Iowa! Hehe...

    2) Besides hitting me hard personally (I love how fiction can do that!), My Foolish Heart is everything I WANT TO WRITE! Funny, quirky in places and at the same time sensitive and touching. Seriously, it's on my "study this book" list!

    3) It's the only time I've ever had tears in my eyes...over football.

    4) Um, can you tell I loved it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post. No, I haven't yet read My Foolish Heart, but I plan to soon. Although, perhaps I should begin with the first book in the Deep Haven series.

    I think love can be "found next door," especially when God is moving in a relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read "My Foolish Heart" yet, but I really like Susan May Warren and I've heard so many good things about it!

    I think that love can be found next door, or pretty much almost anywhere!

    Please enter me

    crazi.swans at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't yet read "My Foolish Heart" but would love to win it in your giveaway! I do enjoy Susan's books.
    Thanks.

    pmk56[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  7. no, i haven't had the opportunity to read this novel...yet. but i would love to. thanks for the chance :)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely on my "Must Read" list! It sounds amazing, but then again, every SMW book is!!!

    ReplyDelete