I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shout-out to Ponderer Jenness Walker!

The Ponderers are proud to announce that our very own Jenness Walker is a finalist in the 2010 American Christian Fiction Writers’ Carol Awards! Her book, Double Take, is one of six books in the Short Contemporary Suspense category.

Congratulations, Jenness! The Ponderers are so proud of you.

The Carol Awards—formerly known as Book of the Year—changed it’s name to honor a Christian publishing industry’s trailblazer, Carol Johnson. In 1979, Carol made a bold move that changed the face of Christian fiction. She acquired author Janette Oke whose Love Comes Softly series opened unprecedented doors for all Christian fiction authors.

Both Carol Johnson and Janette Oke plan to be at the ACFW conference in September for the first-ever presentation of the Carol Awards. We’re so proud to have a Ponderer represented!

As you know, we are the MBT Ponderers, and MBT stands for My Book Therapy. Our resident therapists, Susan May Warren and Rachel Hauck are also finalists in the Carol Awards!

Susie’s a double finalist with The Great Christmas Bowl in the Contemporary Novella category and Nothing But Trouble in the Long Contemporary category. Congratulations, Susie! Your Ponderers are not a bit surprised by this since we loved the books!

Rachel and her co-author, Sara Evans, are finalists with their book Sweet By and By in the Women’s Fiction category. Congratulations to both Rachel and Sara!

You can see all of the 2010 Carol Award finalists here.

We invite you to share your words of congratulations for these finalists in our comment section. Two of these books are in our basket of goodies for our contest, so don’t forget to check that out.

Oh, and come back tomorrow for news of another addition to our basket!

14 comments:

  1. After reading Double Take, I'm not surprised to see it final as it's one of the best Love Inspired Suspense books I've read. I will be cheering loud and hard for our Ponderer friend when her name is announced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so proud of you, girl! Rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To think I can say...I know her!!! Congratulations and good luck to Jenness, Rachel, and most of all, our fearless leader, Susan May Warren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur, Lisa! Jenness' writing had me on the edge of my chair. I literally jumped out of my chair when someone walked into the room while I was reading one scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks so much ladies!! And congrats, Susie and Rachel! Well deserved, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ponderers will be out in full force at the Carol awards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be cheering you on from Minnesota in September, Jenness, Susie and Rachel! You might hear me screaming from here...

    P.S. I'd better receive a text from one of the Ponderers banquet night to let me know who's won what!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not giving up praying that God will open the way for you to come too, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Jenness, Susie and Rachel!!!! I'm so proud of you and thankful to call you friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SOOOO proud of you, Jenness!! And, as an aside...I LOVED Double Take! Can't wait to see you get the Carol in Indy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, I LOVED Nothing But Trouble! :-) And I appreciate your confidence. lol

    Amy, I'm with you! Texting is a must that night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, Jenness!
    Double Take is a can't-put-it-down book, and I'm not surprised that it's a Carol Award finalist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Jenness!! I haven't read it yet, but it should be arriving on my doorstep in the next couple of days, courtesy of Amazon. I can't wait!!

    And Amy, I'm with Teri in believing that God can make a way!!

    ReplyDelete