I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, July 3, 2017

Celebrating the Fourth of July

I suspect that everyone has their own ideas as to what makes the Fourth of July special. For some, they just must have a parade. Patriotic floats, Uncle Sam lookalikes, and bands.

Others might just like the time to go to a lake or beach to splash in the water and soak up some sun. Even if you stay home, then you need the grilled meat, the salads, and the red, white, and blue desserts.

Or maybe it's that huge display of fireworks which seems to get more amazing every year.

Or do you like hearing a concert with the all-American favorites: American the Beautiful, This Land is Your Land, My Country 'Tis of Thee, and of course The Star Spangled Banner?

Some special people take the time to thank our veterans and active military for their service to our nation. I have a banner that I put in my front flower bed that looks something like this one.

I could enjoy all of these typical activities, but I could have every single one of them and still miss out on what I enjoy the most.

You see, for me, a celebration isn't complete without my family. The parades, the fireworks, the music, and the food--none of it would be special with family and friends.

So as we celebrate our great country's "happy birthday", I wish for a wonderful day for you. But never forget that it would be hollow without sharing it with those you love.

How do you like to celebrate?

And Happy Birthday, America!


2 comments:

  1. I usually spend the 4th quietly and then watch a Capitol Fourth. :-) Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the unique personal touch you always add to your posts. Thanks & blessings!

    ReplyDelete