I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy New Year From the Ponderers!

Happy New Year, you lovers of Jesus and lovers of books!

And if you don’t love Jesus or books, happy 2017 to you anyway.

If you don’t love Jesus, the best thing I can wish for you in this new year is that you would indeed come to know Him because “Christ Jesus can into the world to save sinners”.  

If you do love Jesus, I wish for you a blessed time in 2017 of getting to know Him even better.

Now about those books…what books did you read this year? Which ones made an impact or changed you in some way?  Which ones fascinated you the most? Tell us about them! We want to know and share them. Why were they so great? 

And if you write books, consider this an open thread and promote your books without hesitation. This blog is read in many countries so, come on, tell us about your books! 

Here’s some of my favorite books:

Non-fiction
First Things First by Kirk Warner, 
The Case for Grace by Lee Strobel

Fiction
You’re the One that I Want by Susan May Warren
The Wedding Shop by Rachel Hauck
Logan Point Series by Patricia Bradley (try this author if you haven't before!)
Keep Holding On by Melissa Tagg
Almost Like Being in Love by Beth Vogt

What writers blog do you like best? What news blog?  Do you read any just for fun?

Here’s some I like:

Conservative News & Issues:

Writers:


For fun:
God’s Not Dead 2
One Look Thesaurus: If you know the concept your looking for but can’t think of the word, try this: http://www.onelook.com/reverse-dictionary.shtml
Music, stories, kids, funny videos and more: http://www.godvine.com





3 comments:

  1. Oh, Teri, thanks for mentioning my books! I have a new one coming out January 31--the first Memphis cold case novel, JUSTICE DELAYED!

    And everyone be sure to check out the other books Teri mentioned! And Happy New Year to all our readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Pat! My daughter and I will be first in line to buy the new book!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much, Teri, for posting this, and to Pat for doing our first Tuesday post in 2017--Very appreciated and have a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete