I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, September 12, 2016

A Great Escape from Today's Headlines

Election fireworks. Sports protests...and protests against the protests. More shocking: provocations from a nation taunting the U.S. Navy.

Wow. There's plenty to get our blood pressure shooting up these days.

And that's all the more reason to take a break with a great book that keeps you turning the pages.

Now this is not your cute, picket-fence romance. But it will take you to another world for a while.

Our own Patricia Bradley (a.k.a. Pat Trainum to us), has penned another great read!

Let me just give you a bit of the back cover copy to stir your interest:

When Bailey Adams left Logan Point two years ago for Mexico, she thought she was getting away from her problems. Running into her ex-fiance Danny Maxwell was not part of the plan--neither was being chased through the city by the local drug cartel, the Calatrava. Now despite her best efforts, Danny is her only chance of escaping the people chasing her and getting back to Logan Point safely. Can Bailey find the strength to face what's coming? And in the midst of the chaos, can she keep herself from falling in love with her rescuer all over again.

I promise you, this book will take you away from today's headlines for a wonderful story of second chances. And I think you'll be inspired by Bailey Adams!

I've had a few heart-beating incidents in my missionary travels, and someday I'll write about a few of them. Tell me about one of your brushes with danger, and if you send me your snail-mail address, I'll enter your name in a drawing for a copy of Silence in the Dark.

by Teri Smith

2 comments:

  1. Yup, these are great books that will keep us sleepless and sitting on the edge of our seat. Well done Teri AND Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Teri, THANK YOU! I'm so glad you enjoyed Bailey and Danny's story.

    ReplyDelete