We've celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas is knocking on our door. Already?
Where did the year go? I mean it's not like we're busy trying to care for our families while juggling work along with a host of other obligations. I don't know about you, but I carefully plan and pray about goals for the new year. I even chart my course out on a calendar but a couple of items drop by the wayside. It’s kind of like that important note you pin up on the refrigerator but it gradually get’s covered by kid’s artwork or school notices. Ever have that happen?
Around this time, I tend to look at my goals and wonder what went wrong? How did I get so side tracked? Did I accomplish my Goals for 2013?
I’m trying not to beat myself up about it. Instead I’m working on focusing on the positive. For every negative, I'm striving to find a positive -- even if I have to pull out a magnifying glass to find it.
Makes me think of King David. When his back was against the wall and he felt defeated he asked himself,
“Why so downcast oh my soul? Put your trust in God.”
Sounds so simple, yet so difficult. I know God can do the impossible and when I put my trust in Him I have peace.
That’s what I’m striving for as we wrap up 2013--to trust in God and not worry, to be at peace. To know He who began a good work in me (and YOU!) is faithful to complete it.
Just for grins, here were some my 2013 Goals:
1. Pitch at the 2013 ACFW Conference – Check!
2. Spend more time with my children – Check!
3. Give full-time job my all and with a good attitude – umm, okay maybe I get ½ a check for this one.
4. Lose 10 pounds - okay definitely a minus.
5. Daily Devotional – better than before but not where I want to be, so definitely a ½ check.
6. Finish editing my wip ---minus, but I haven’t given up!
How about you? What were your successes and your challenges in 2013? What are you trusting God for as you wrap up this year?