I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, October 12, 2015

The One Person I Have Big Trouble With


Boy, oh boy, I do!  This person sets off my fuse in an instant. No, it’s not Hilary Clinton. (Well, maybe a little, but this isn’t about politics.)

The person who irks me is Mr. or Mrs. Naysayer. The nerve of them.  They are like the people who once said “man will never fly.” Why, look at that jet trail in the sky. Or like the people who warned Columbus he’d sail off the edge of the world if he took off on his foolish journey.  Hello, America!

Or the person who told Angela Bell to forget writing because it’s too hard to get published. Ha! Not one, but two books contracted are on the way!

How about the man who told us we’d be sorry if we adopted children. Our best decision ever!!

These naysayers want to extinguish our dreams. Are they trying to scare us away because they fear trying themselves? There's an old Chinese proverb that says, "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

If you have such a person in your life, ask yourself why they are coming from a negative position. If they persist and drag you down, you have my permission to ignore them. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Teri! You are so right. I can remember in 7th grade the art teacher told me I'd never be a potter and wouldn't let me use the wheel. Well I believed her for 50 years. Then one day I tried. And did it. And had fun doing it. Now, I'll never be a master potter, but who cares. I make what I want to and I've inspired a lot of kids to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go! Another example of proving the naysayers wrong! I'm so glad you are enjoying the pottery!

      Delete