I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Teeny Flowers

Can you hold this, Mommy?

My baby, already two and a half, is getting to the age where she has "treasures." Packing to go to daycare in the morning is quite the production. As I'm busy packing actual necessities like her lunch, she's busy bringing me trinkets for safekeeping.

By the time we depart, I've got at least two "guys" (stuffed animals), a couple of books, a Mardi Gras necklace, keychain flashlight, two hair clips, spare bandaid, Minnie Mouse ears and a plastic strawberry stuffed into my already overflowing purse. Even when I don't think it's possible to fit another guy, I can't let her down when she trusts me to guard her treasures. It's part of my job. What's important to her is important to me.

When we were playing outside last week, she came scampering over with the teeniest flower I've ever seen. "Can you hold this, Mommy? We cannot lose it." Besides the fact that it was microscopic, there's nothing particularly special about it. Except it's hers.

Her insistence I keep her treasures safe has me pondering the things I bring to God for safekeeping. The dream of a published novel, my hope for more children, a simple prayer to make it through the day. Big things, to me. Yet, from Gods's eternal, sovereign perspective, these things must seem like teeny flowers. But just as I cherish being entrusted with that little piece of my daughter's heart, I know God treasures my trusting Him with the details of my life.

What hopes, dreams, goals and ambitions have you entrusted to God recently?

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Amy. I love your insights here & what you're investing in Haley, and in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee! I've learned a lot from hearing you talk about your grandchildren and your farm! You are always making such fun memories with them!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing post! I love it! God bless you for hold Haley's treasures, just as God holds ours. I entrusted Him to take care of a dear friend recently in an operation, and I had the privilege of walking with that same dear friend today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teri, I'm so glad your friend is doing well! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. Love this! You are creating memories for Haley. I know...I used to make mud pies for my mom and she pretended to eat them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Pat! That's great, I can see you making mud pies, and now you've refined that talent into ceramic and pottery, right? :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful story. My boys always picked dandelions for me. I'd have bouquets all over the house. Now I wish I did!

    ReplyDelete