I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Greatest of These ...


By Teri Dawn Smith

Wow, exciting things have been happening with the Ponderers. Books published, manuscripts requested, cycling trips around the country, and another ACFW conference on the horizon.

My life caring for my elderly parents seems a bit dull by comparison…until I remembered that wonderful verse in I Corinthians 13. Listed right there beside removing mountains and knowing all mysteries, are the precious words, “but the greatest of these is love.”


  • The love my parents show me daily with their sweet spirits and kind words
  • The love my brothers display in their concern about my welfare and making sure I get some time off
  • The daily texts from my children, making sure their mom is okay
  • The special times my daughter often plans for me
  • The love of a life-long friend where we do not have to pretend that our lives or families are perfect, but rather how we love with all the imperfections.

I’ll still marvel at biking trips, book contracts, and all the great things God is doing with my Ponderer friends. But I’ll also bask in the sunshine of the love that God has placed in my life.



How has God blessed you recently?

12 comments:

  1. I can only say, "Yes!"

    Truth is so simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ginger, simple and yet profound at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Such contentment right where you are, Teri.
    Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beth, but I'm really am rejoicing with you in your books! So awesome!

      Delete
  3. I love your perspective, Teri. I've been thinking about 1 Cor 13 this week. Is all that I do motivated by love? Your post has me pondering, "Do I receive the love God has for me through others, or am I too busy?"

    As Beth mentioned, I love the contentment you live in where you are in life right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so very easy to get too busy, Jeanne. The fast pace of life can rob us from taking stock of the blessings God has lavished upon us!

      Delete
  4. I'm always rejoicing with and proud of you, Teri. We saw incredible and quick answers to prayer in some most difficult complicated issues helping my former husband and my sons' very ill (and stubborn) dad on our 12-day trip to Edmonton and back. Breakthroughs came though God did some bulldozing and constructive pulverizing first bringing very helpful heart changes. Even a fairly minor but expensive car accident at the end that put us out of commission for an extra day produced unforeseen blessings. I'm so thankful God is in charge and has a blueprint so much better than anything we can suggest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Delores! God's blueprint is best!

      Delete
  5. Teri, what a beautiful reminder...you're focusing on what is most important. Your parents are being blessed by your love and support.

    Today I'm being blessed by family and friends whose love and support soothes my aching heart as our youngest begins his college career today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! I remember the day my oldest son left for college. Lots of tears!

      Delete
  6. I am blessed by you, Teri! You are such an inspiration to me and I count it a privilege to be your friend! Love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. I count it a privilege to be your friend too!

      Delete