By Teri Dawn Smith
Wow, exciting things have been happening with the Ponderers. Books published, manuscripts requested, cycling trips around the country, and another ACFW conference on the horizon.
My life caring for my elderly parents seems a bit dull by comparison…until I remembered that wonderful verse in I Corinthians 13. Listed right there beside removing mountains and knowing all mysteries, are the precious words, “but the greatest of these is love.”
- The love my parents show me daily with their sweet spirits and kind words
- The love my brothers display in their concern about my welfare and making sure I get some time off
- The daily texts from my children, making sure their mom is okay
- The special times my daughter often plans for me
- The love of a life-long friend where we do not have to pretend that our lives or families are perfect, but rather how we love with all the imperfections.
I’ll still marvel at biking trips, book contracts, and all the great things God is doing with my Ponderer friends. But I’ll also bask in the sunshine of the love that God has placed in my life.
How has God blessed you recently?