I know it’s not here yet, but it’s oh so close.
All the things that bring Christmas closer are beginning to happen. The leaves are changing color, it’s a little bit chilly, and the stores are playing Christmas music.
Oh, and I bought my first Peppermint Mocha today. Yumm. Yumm!
As you start decorating the tree, baking and shopping for the perfect gift for your loved ones, remember to celebrate this life you’ve been blessed with. Celebrate life. Every Day.
Seriously. Sometimes my husband has to remind me to be positive. Being the number cruncher in the family as well as for the family business, often I get the unhappy task of communicating what finances actually are available. That can be especially hard at Christmas time.
But you know what? There is always something to celebrate when I choose to.
Choose to celebrate your life.
- I got up this morning on my own, in a warm house with healthy kids.
- I took my daughter to the eye doctor and with glasses she’ll be able to see clearer.
- I am able to write using a laptop not pen and paper or a typewriter.
- I have loads of laundry to wash and I can use a washing machine not a scrubbing board with a barrel of water (Yeah…think about that one).
- I have the most fantastic family around even when we argue till we are blue in the face. Hey, we are passionate people!
- We have an extremely busy Christmas season which means I’m blessed with people that want to spend time with me.
How about your characters? We as writers, can take our characters through serious turmoil but oh’ when they get the happy ending, isn’t it great?
What awesome thing can you write about your life today?
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Luke 2:8-14 KJV