I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Monday, July 25, 2011

Shattered


Shattered.
A recent situation came up causing old insecurities to rise up and pain to clutch my heart like a vise. The battle in my mind was relentless. Thought after thought, scene after scene kept replaying in my mind.
What was I going to do?
I’ve been a Christian over half my life and I’ve learned a couple of things.
#1: Speak The Word, not the situation. I need to hear the promises of God and cling to them. Hearing His Word and His promises helps me remember the results aren't up to me.
#2: Surround yourself with believers that will speak to you in truth. I went to church this past Sunday. I needed to be there. I needed the comfort of being in The House of God and of worship, and the comfort of friends that I knew would pray for me.
You know the Scripture my pastor, Jeff Hackleman, used? Second Corinthians 10:5 (KJV): Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ.
The situation kept playing over and over in my mind. Thought after thought, conversation after conversation, scenario after scenario. What I really needed to do was apply the Word and re-apply the Word every time.
The other Scripture that helped me was Isaiah 59:19 (KJV): So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in, like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.
#3 Flood. Notice the emphasis I have placed on the phrase "like a flood" in the previous verse. So often when things happen we feel like we are under the circumstances, but in reality with God on our side, we are bound for victory, one way or another!
So I encourage you, when the storms of life seem to crash against you, remember, God is raising a standard against the enemy on your behalf.
When I look at the picture above, you know what I see? My God raising a standard on my behalf.
What promises are you standing on for your life? What promises from God are your characters going to realize in their stories?
Blessings!
Alena Tauriainen
Proverbs 3:5&6

PS. Thanking my wonderful friend, Beth Vogt for the photo, which she took during her recent vacation in Bandon, OR.

11 comments:

  1. True and valuable counsel, Alena. May you & family have a wonderful vacation. Sending love your way, Delores

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at, "Speak the Word, not the situation." Very wise words, my friend.

    Seems like I've been experiencing a lot of similar emotions as my current heroine. I'm clinging to Romans 15:13: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder for my life. Thanks, Alena!

    Hope your family has a great vacation! May you get some much needed (and deserved) rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your honesty, Alena, and your wisdom. Like LJ, you had me at "Speak the Word, not the situation."
    I'm thankful the photograph from Bandon ministered to you. I remember taking that one -- I stood on the shore and snapped several different times, trying to catch the waves breaking on the rock. Who knew that the photo was intended to encourage you? (God did.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome, awesome post, Alena...and exactly what I needed to hear today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alena, Thanks for sharing with such transparency! When in a difficult situation, I tend top become introspective, contemplating the situation, wondering if I'm handling it right (or wrong), soemtimes condemning myself. Your words of encouragement are right on. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I too loved "Speak the word, not the situation." Thanks for sharing of yourself today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow Alena! What an awesome post. But how did you get inside my head? You were writing about me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speak the Word. Oh yeah! 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks my friends.
    I will walk into this situation Faith first this week.
    Blessings!
    Alena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Standing on God's promises. That reminds me of when Jesus walked on water and Peter came to him. As long as he kept his focus on Jesus, he was fine, but when he started looking around at the raging sea, he began to sink.
    Great post, Alena!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reminder Patand oh sooo true!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete