I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2 NLT

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Book Review: Priceless by Tom Davis

  • 1.2 million children are trafficked every year; this is in addition to the millions already held captive by trafficking.

  • The average age of a trafficked victim is 14 years old.
Author Tom Davis doesn't write light and breezy novels.

My friend Beth Jusino handed me a copy of his book Scared and said, "I'll be interested to hear what you think."

Scared is a riveting, I-wish-I-could-put-this-book-down-but-I-can't kind of novel that brought the harsh reality of the African AIDS crisis onto the page--and right in front of my face.


With Priceless, Tom Davis once again writes about a chilling reality, dragging me into the heart-wrenching, brutal world of sex trafficking. Yes, Priceless is a novel, but it is also Tom Davis' attempt to wake people up and motivate them to care and to act. As he writes in the "Afterwords" section of the book, "I want people to be educated, shocked, and motivated to get involved and make a difference . . . So if reading Priceless has disturbed you enough to do something, we've made it easy to get involved."

Without being gratuitous, Tom Davis' novel puts a graphic face on the horror of sex trafficking. He reveals the depravity and spiritual battles that must be confronted to rescue young girls from this nightmare.

Wondering how you can get involved to help save young girls--maybe girls the same age as your daughters--from being sold into the nightmare of sexual slavery? Go to SheIsPriceless.com.

2 comments:

  1. This one has been on my wish list. I have Scared, and you're right--not a good read, but an incredible one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Tom's blog. This is a book I admittedly could never read. But I know Tom's passion to help these young girls. Thanks, Beth for doing this review. I'm glad someone had the strength to do it.

    ReplyDelete